Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Day

Well we had a great first Christmas together. It was nice we got up at 10 with no kids that were excited to get up and see what Santa brough. Maybe in a few years that will happen. We exchanged gift that we got each other and then the presents Guido gave us and finally the presents that Santa gave us.
Then Santa made a special visit to my parents house this year on Sunday because my sister was in town from Colorado. We got a date night from my brother which was alot of fun. Then on Christmas day we went to my parents at night just to visit, and my parents got a snowblower from all the kids. My dad loves it he looks like a kid in a candy store. He told us to come look at it and her just smiles at us with the biggest grin while it throws the snow. (If you don't about my dad I don't know like 10-15 years ago he was shoveling snow and passed out in the front yard and had to have open heart surgery. He now has an artificial valve. So we get nervous when he has to shovel the snow). So we like to keep safe from having the same problem again.
Later in the day we went down to Rob's parents house again to have more like a Thanksgiving feast. Then we exchanged gifts with all his brothers and sisters and nieces and newphew.
After leaving my parents house to go home for the night a huge snow storm started up and left us a good 6-12 inches on the ground. It was fun to just sit and watch the snow fall outside our apartment.


Chirstmas seemed to go by so fast this year with all the family that we have to visit with. We didn't stop until about 9:00 at night. It was a blast and we had a great first christmas together.

No comments: